PHOTOGRAPHER | MENTOR + TRAINER
- 20yrs experience creating client photography & teaching students.
- Main Client work: Commercial Advertising, Actor Headshots, Corporate Portraits, Lifestyle, Industrial, Manufacturing, Trade Magazines, Editorial, Front Covers, Beauty & Boudoir (also: Family, Pregnancy & Children )
- Personal project work: Fine Art Photography & Paintings for individuals and exhibitions. (UK, London and abroad)
- Trained in Oxford, UK, by Keith Barnes (Commercial Photographer & Trainer), Norman McBeath (Scottish Photographer to HRH The Queen Mother) and a visiting American War Photographer. (1995-1998)
- Educated in classical photography, starting with wet processing/printing alongside seasoned professionals. (pre-digital)
- Attended City & Guilds Advanced Photography Course, though have a limited opinion of Further & Higher Education Photography Courses' ability to teach the skills necessary for vocational success in the photography business.
- Pictures I have created have been ranked in the top 10% of photographs globally. (Pixoto)
- My first professional pictures sold across the UK for a five-figure sum.
- Was trained and qualified as a Business Mentor, via the Government funded, IOEE program (Institute of Enterprise & Entrepreneurs) and have mentored a variety of small and micro-managed businesses, including several photographers.
- 2015, Santander Bank, brought me in as an expert for their bank-sponsored "pop-up business clinics", provided for North Yorkshire businesses wanting help.
- 2019: Now fully retired, due to ongoing ill-health, I offer my services as a photography-trainer and a mentor to start-up businesses.
- I also provide my photographic skills to a small selection of people, free of charge, for my own reasons.
- With retirement I no longer chase clients for profit, preferring to work with people to provide a mutual goal. Throughout my working career, I have created discrete and private photography for ladies. Many of these women have been through difficult relationship breakdowns or serious illnesses, including breast cancers, and have come to me struggling with body image, lacking body-positivity or lacking perception of their own sensuality. Through discussions, usually followed by creative and discrete photography I have had a positive impact upon their lives. I call this work "GirlzART".
CAMERACLIX Client's: Some Words of Praise
"Over the years I have had numerous photographs taken all over the UK. But I have to say working with John at Camerclix Photography has to be one of my favourite experiences. He makes the whole time very enjoyable, relaxing and a lot of fun! He knows the best poses and angles to flatter each individual, which is rare, and works with you to get the best possible photos! I would definitely recommend Camerclix Photography and will go back myself next time I need new headshots. Even though I live in London, his photographs are worth the travel!" Grace Francis (Actress)
"John, has tutored me for the past two weeks and I feel I should make a comment on the help and advice he has shown me. He has looked at photographs I have taken and given his expert advice, he has shown great patience and understanding and is helping me to progress in my photography. I have no doubt in recommending him as a tutor within this field." Graham W. (Photo Student)
"I went along, for the first time, to the photography session on post production which I rely heavily on but quickly came to realise that a good well composed, cleverly lit photograph should require very little of this. John clearly knows his stuff and is eager in generously passing on his professional skills and knowledge to the amateur, conscientiously ensuring you fully grasp the topic he is teaching. The 2 hour lesson was very informative, in a comfortable venue with a friendly group of people and in a stunning part of Lancashire that I've rarely visited (but now endeavour to explore, with camera in hand!). I look forward to John's next session, becoming a better photographer, particularly thinking more about lighting and relying less on post processing." Michelina G. (Photo Student)
"When I got my pics done I felt really scared but once John started taking the pictures he made me feel at ease and I enjoyed the photo shoot. I would recommend John of Cameraclix, to any and every one." Vicky P. (Boudoir Client)